Jonathan C. Dean, PT
(216) 496 1825
Healthcare Professional with background as licensed Physical Therapist with experience as a direct evaluating and treating therapist, in addition to experience in management and direct oversight of long term care, short term rehab, home health, and outpatient services. Exceptionally skilled at evaluation and development with implementation of interventions and goals related to complex medical diagnosis of patients in a variety of settings. Solid team player, dedicated to providing high quality care to all physical therapy clients and associated caregivers .
LRS Healthcare (November 2019 – Present)
Currently Licensed in Montana, Ohio, Vermont, *New York
*(presently NY license status on hold)
Working as a travel physical therapist, currently in Vermont serving Orleans/Essex VNA Home Care. Principle duties include evaluation and treatment of patients with a variety of medical diagnoses in the home setting, additionally performing Oasis assessments throughout the whole continuum of care.
ALLIANCE HEALTHCARE/HEALTHPRO (2011-2019)
Clinical Manager of Skilled Home Healthcare/Outpatient Rehabilitation Services Responsible for the coordination and execution of care provided to individuals in their homes through Eliza Jennings Senior Care Network. Managed department of 12 direct reports which included Agency Coordinator, Therapists, Assistants, Nurses, Home Health-aides, and clerical staff.
- Developed and Initiated exercise/fitness programming, as well as initiatives to promote wellness
- Performed OASIS data collection and submission in addition to training new staff of oasis documentation
- Built the skilled home health care company from startup to multi-site business
- Managed revenue stream in excess of 4 million annually
- Agency achieved 5 star performance rating for 3 consecutive reporting periods
- Agency achieved % of rehospitalization rate consistently and significantly below state and national average
THERAPY PARTNERS, Garfield Heights, OH (2008-2011)
- Responsible for Evaluation of therapeutic needs with development and oversight of treatment plans specific to patient condition and diagnosis in a skilled nursing, home health, and outpatient settings.
GENESIS HEALTHCARE (2006-2008)
- Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of skilled nursing patients with multiple diagnoses with emphasis on orthopedic and neurological deficits.
- Additionally, supervised and monitored physical therapy assistants to correctly implement treatment programs
- Assisted Management in implementing daily schedules for physical therapy department.
HARBORSIDE HEALTHCARE, Beachwood, OH (2003-2006)
Director of Rehab/Physical Therapist
Managed department of 12 FTEs, consisting of physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy, in addition to therapy aides. Managed skilled nursing rehab and outpatient programs with an annual revenue stream of 2 million dollars.
- Developed software and filling systems to handle increased documentation load and to adapt to PPS change requirements to optimize revenue and patient care, which further increased the ability to manage therapy treatment minutes, even when experiencing staff shortages and excesses.
- Initiated screenings and therapy programs for 274 bed facility, acting to meet resident’s therapy needs proactively, thus increasing therapy revenue and patient care throughout the facility.
GENESIS ELDER CARE , Chardon, Kent and Boardman, Oh. (2002-2003)
- Supervisory physical therapist, working with in-patient and out-patient, sub acute and long term care rehabilitation, neurological patients, cardiopulmonary patients, wound care, PNF and NDT techniques, home community assessments, staff in-servicing and patient/family education.
Rehab Network Newton Falls, OH. (2002)
Acting Director Out-Patient Physical Therapy Clinic (While director on maternity leave)
Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy 2001 Daemen College, Amherst, New York
Minor: Natural Science
- Provided tutor assistance to peers as needed, especially in physical, mathematics, and computer technology
- McKenzie’s Mechanical Diagnosis and Treatment for Lumber, Cervical and Thoracic Spine Parts A,B,C & D
- Clinical application of modalities, including e-stem, ultrasound and diathermy
- LSVT Big certification for treatment of Parkinson patients in 2015
- Education In vestibular rehab physical therapy
- Education in shoulder, knee, hip arthroplasties in regard to return to function
- Education in Oasis and MDS Data collection
- Education in Pharmacology for Adult and Geriatric populations
- Education in Stroke Rehabilitation
- Education in clinical documentation with focus on justified and billable documentation in regards to nursing and physical therapy from a Medicare perspective and liability perspective.
- CPR Certified
- Education in Stephen Covey’s Principle Centered Leadership concepts
- Education in Six Sigma management concepts
- Advanced skills in therapy documentation software, including:
- Rehab Optima, PCC, Kinnser, Kasamba, AOD
- Advanced skills on Microsoft Office software, including:
- Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Skills in computer programming, including:
- SQL, C++, HTML, CSS, web-site development, pod casting and video development